ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

130 plus comments in favor of approving dot-xxx without delay from the general public (through IFFOR)

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: 130 plus comments in favor of approving dot-xxx without delay from the general public (through IFFOR)
  • From: ICANN COMMENTS <icanncomments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:46:30 -0400

Dear ICANN,

As the applicant for the dot-xxx top-level domain, we have received more than
an additional 130 individual comments through a form we set up on the
sponsoring organizations website (www.iffor.org) .

The form contained some basic text which we encouraged commenters to add to or
otherwise personalize. We include that basic text below. We also include a full
list of email addresses with the first- and second-level domains redacted , as
is ICANN's policy. We will be supplying the full list of unredacted email
addresses to you separately ,  to ensure confidentiality.

We have compiled these comments into one email in order to aid staff in the
production of the comment period summary and analysis. As such we do request
that the comments are treated as if they were posted individually into the
comment forum.

Your sincerely,

ICM Registry

This was the main text of the form, to which 130 people agreed.

Subject: Approve .xxx without delay.

Dear ICANN,

 Please approve the contract for a dot-xxx top-level domain. I believe that the
labeling of adult content online is a good and useful step forward.

 As the company behind dot-xxx, ICM Registry has spent many years trying to
make the extension a reality, and well as given considerable thought into how a
self-regulated adult area online would work.

I urge you to make the right decision and approve its contract as soon as
possible.

Francois Gauthier
ifgg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nigel Boubert