ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

AVN Comment on Process Options

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AVN Comment on Process Options
  • From: "Paul Fishbein" <avnpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:33:09 -0700

To the ICANN Board,

As the premiere media company serving the needs of the adult entertainment
industry since 1982, AVN Media Network would like to thank ICANN for providing
this pubic comment opportunity to the many companies and people in our industry
who currently make their living on the internet or plan on doing so in the near
future.

It could not be clearer to us how important online commerce is to our industry
or how profoundly new business models spawned on the internet have changed the
way consumers around the world enjoy adult content and also the manner in which
they engage with the many companies that provide that content to them. It is
for these reasons and others that we believe the decision currently before the
ICANN Board whether to approve ICM Registry's application for a dot XXX sTLD
remains an important one for our industry.

It is our opinion that a dot XXX sTLD will not add sufficient value to our
industry or to the internet as a whole to justify its approval, and further, it
is our impression that the ICM application does not have the support necessary
within the target sponsored community to justify its approval.

 We thus urge the Board to follow the proposed process option #3 and reject the
ICM application.

 Sincerely,

 Paul Fishbein, President, AVN Media Network

 Darren Roberts, CEO, AVN Media Network