ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: hpope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:19:34 -0500

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN ,

I am writing to urge you to kill the proposal of the .XXX domain.

In addition to strong opposition from both sides of the argument, this new
domain would only increase the amount of pornography available on the Web,
easing accessibility to hard core pornography to minors and adults alike.

Pornography is a widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its
viewers and negatively changing attitudes towards women and children.

Please do NOT participate in the destruction of marriages, the abuse of
children, and the demise of our culture.

A more appropriate goal should be to STOP the distribution of this destructive
material by prosecuting those responsible for it, not to protect pornography on
the .XXX domain.

Again, please kill the proposal of the .XXX domain.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ray Pope
hpope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx