ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

comment

  • To: "icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comment
  • From: Marc Salvatierra <marc.salvatierra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:41:56 -0700

The comment below was submitted to ICANN staff outside of the public comment
forum. For transparency and completeness, staff is submitting the comment into
the related forum. Other than the commenter's name, all other contact
information has been redacted from the comment.

 *   Subject: "Deny .XXX sTLD"
 *   From: "David L. Geminder" <davidgeminder@xxxxxxxx>
 *   Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:19:19 -0500

________________________________
As an affiliate program for the adult entertainment industry, my business'
foundation is internet based. If ICM's application were granted and a .XXX sTLD
were to be created it would negatively impact my business. Also it would put
ICANN in the position of creating an entity to impose regulations and policy
for the adult entertainment community-a situation that could easily stifle what
is now a robust adult entertainment internet presence.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN Board
was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board meeting
in Lisbon.

It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread opposition from the adult
entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes its decision. For that
reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options submitted by
ICANN for public comment.