ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idn-tld-test]

re DNAME, draft proposal

  • To: <idn-tld-test@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: re DNAME, draft proposal
  • From: "Tina Dam" <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:08:56 -0700

Dear Jeff, thanks for your comment on the .test proposal.

I am afraid I cannot answer the question about whether or not DNAME will be
implemented - at least not at this time. The evaluation purpose strings are
proposed to be inserted in the root as NS-records (this is what the RSSAC
also have supported, see
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18jun07.htm for their
statement on this topic) and as such the evaluation will not be concerning
the DNAME RR. However, the concept of aliasing which is what I am guessing
your example is concerning, is currently a topic under discussion among the
participants in the ccNSO and GAC IDN working groups - and also have been
touched upon by the GNSO IDN working group. This latter group has not
reached an agreement on whether aliasing is wanted or not. The former group
is currently gathering issues before they are starting to answer them.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any additional
questions.

Kind regards,

Tina Dam

Director, IDN Program

ICANN

Draft Proposal

*       To: idn-tld-test@xxxxxxxxx
*       Subject: Draft Proposal
*       From: Jeff <onlyscripts@xxxxxxxxx>
*       Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:28:47 -0400

  _____

Is DNAME going to be implemented eventually?  ie: the owner of the

chinese.com gets the chinese.company(in chinese)