ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idn-vip-arabic]

COMMENT ON - Variant Issues Project -- Arabic Case Study Team Issues Report

  • To: idn-vip-arabic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: COMMENT ON - Variant Issues Project -- Arabic Case Study Team Issues Report
  • From: Tarik Merghani <tarik@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:43:50 +0300

Dear Sir,

Although solving the problem of Arabic words connection ... ( which will lead to non-understanding words or phrases ) .. although solving this problem is an important issue and so wanted by Arabic users of Internet ( IDN)... but using ZWNJ is not the correct way to do so ... and thats because most of the Arabic users don't know about it .. or how to use it

And it is very obvious that, this will lead to so many security problems which will be very difficult to deal with ..

And if we take in mind the letters which are not connected to the next letter like ( D ) in arabic ... for example the name AbdElgader .. using the ZWNJ will be a big securty hole and a way for phishing ... and stealing brands and not more ...

So I hope the team working in this project to take this in consideration ... and support using hyphen instead of ZWNJ.

   Tarik B. Merghani
     Sudan - ISOC
--
         *Eng: Tarik Babikir Merghani *