IDN Issues Program?
- To: "idn-vip-proposed-project-plan@xxxxxxxxx" <idn-vip-proposed-project-plan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: IDN Issues Program?
- From: "Dillon, Chris" <c.dillon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:04:26 +0000
Some personal comments about the proposed project plan:
- It would be good to include languages such as Thai and Hebrew not covered by
the six case studies.
- Projects 1 and 3 really need volunteers in addition to the resources listed.
- It is time for an IDN Variant Issues Program, but could such a programme also
address such non-variant issues such as single character IDNs, dotless domains
(and the structuring of IDNs generally)?
In other words, should it actually be an IDN Issues Program?
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Dept of Information Studies, UCL,
Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599)