ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

New Policy

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New Policy
  • From: Slider <slider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:41:39 -0400

Ridiculous. That's about the only word I can think of to describe this new policy. The main reason I register .INFO domains is that they are very cheap and there are still plenty of gems out there. In fact, my portfolio consists entirely of INFOs....

To me, this is just as bad as squatting. Squatting is making money off other people's success. My registrar will make all kinds of money off me simply because I have a great name.

Please do not lift the price controls.