ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

roposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: roposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements
  • From: "C. L. Rogers" <cars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:47:05 -0400

As the owner of over thirty domains, many of which are .org's, I must
strongly object to the  proposed agreements.  Nothing in these proposed
agreements prevents the registrars from putting the screws to
independent web hosts like me, and my clients.  This is exactly the
behavior that ICANN is chartered to prevent.

Further, I object most strenuously to the proposed changes in the
keeping and releasing of traffic statistics.  Registrars are not, and
should not be, in the business of selling information that does not
belong to them.  That registration email addresses are already public is
bad enough; to make other, more sensitive information available, for a
fee, would, at the very least,  turn the flood of spam into a tsunami,
among all sorts of other bad things.  It also violates my and my
clients' privacy rights and is in direct contravention with existing
agreements.

By even making these proposals, ICANN has illustrated that it does not,
in fact, have the best interests of the internet community in mind.
Should a lawsuit result from ICANN taking this action, and I cannot
imagine that one will not, I will join it, if asked.

Please register my strongest objections to the proposed agreements.

Thank you.

C. L. Rogers
RLK Marketing
1129 Hope Road