ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

Variable Pricing is an evil concept.

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Variable Pricing is an evil concept.
  • From: Brian Reimer <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:32:15 -0400

To whom it may concern,

As someone who runs a popular website as a not for profit hobby, I feel
this is a terrible idea. The concept of raising the price of my domain
names based on my hard work in developing it's identity and popularity
is tantamount to extortion. It is shameful that a supposed not for
profit organization  like ICANN has the nerve to even propose this
obvious money grab. I sincerely hope you rethink your disastrous proposal.

Regards,
Brian Reimer