ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

variable pricing

  • To: <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: variable pricing
  • From: "Joe Ross" <jross10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:55:22 -0500

I am the owner of a website that provides free educational information to
readers around the word.  We accept no advertising, and we offer everything
completely free of charge.  We do not sell anything.

We have been able to do this act of kindness and sharing because of the very
small cost for using the Internet.  Our website receives a huge volume of
traffic because there are no scams attached to it and never a cent of money
asked.

But what I understand of variable pricing is that the greedy bastards at
ICANN and Verisign now want us to have to pay extra in light of their
evaluation of our site.

This is unfair and insane.  It will destroy the Internet and make it
available to only the rich corporations who can afford to pay up.  Variable
pricing gives these entities a license to steal.  They already own the toll
bridge. What more do they need?

I am disgusted with the idea of variable pricing.  It must be stopped.

Jose