ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] Responses by .biz/info/org Registry Operators are Unacceptable

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Responses by .biz/info/org Registry Operators are Unacceptable
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:42:42 -0700

Chris and all,

  Good points here Chris, and ones that have been debated
and discussed on this forum many times before.

  What is more important, and to the subject of this thread, is that
PIR/ISOC whom manage .ORG are not policing their registrants
as many porn domain names including kiddy porn registrations.

I personally have no problem with adult porn and never have.
I DO have a problem with kiddy porn, and anyone whom
directly or indirectly support same in any form or by any means.

kidsearch wrote:

> When I say nonprofit, I mean public benefit, with the proper credentials in
> their country for that designation. No one intends to judge who is doing
> real good or not, just that they are legally a nonprofit. People still need
> to check orgs out before donating to them, however it wouldn't be open to
> people who have not even bothered to file the legal paperwork.
>
> Charities with a legitimate purpose do not want to be associated with a TLD
> that also has porn sites associated with it. Creating this TLD would perform
> a public service. And Karl, making a judgement on what use a TLD has or has
> not seems against the principles of one who wants to start a dot ewe, which
> others might feel equally unnecessary.
>
> Not yours or mine to judge.

Jeffrey A. Williams
"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827