ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ioc-rcrc-proposal]

ANCIENT OLYMPIA

  • To: ioc-rcrc-proposal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ANCIENT OLYMPIA
  • From: Giannos Papaioannou <info.ianpap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:47:45 +0200

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

It is to our great distress that we have seen that currently there are
discussions taking place concerning the protection of the terms OLYMPIC and
OLYMPIAD and their variations in the new gTLD program. A number of
organizations - both for profit and non-profit - having their business and
establishment in Ancient Olympia, the place that originally gave birth to
the Olympic games and the Olympic spirit, are greatly concerned about the
potential impact these recommendations may have upon the communities within
Ancient Olympia and Greece in general. To this end, we would like to
request that further discussions take place and that ICANN does not rush to
adopt a set of recommendations that can potentially harm the ideals and
nature of the Olympic spirit.

We further like to endorse the comments submitted by Dr Konstantinos
Komaitis on this issue.

Respectfully submitted

REPRESENTATIVE OF LOCAL WATCH OF SOCIETIES IN ELEIA

“OLYMPIONIKIS” ATHLETIC AND CULTURAL CLUB – ANCIENT OLYMPIA
ANCIENT OLYMPIA HOTEL ASSOCIATION