ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

uniform rapid suspension system

  • To: "irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx" <irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: uniform rapid suspension system
  • From: Joe Sinkwitz <jsinkwitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:17:11 -0500

I am concerned that the adoption of the URS system will result in moral hazard
on the behalf of entities wishing to reverse hijack domains, given that abuse
of the system from a prosecutorial direction results in little recourse to the
filer, if abuse is even detected. The concept of shooting first and asking
questions later is a very poor policy for civil discourse amongst domain
disputes and should not be adopted. Rather, I suggest that the UDRP system
remain in place, as it is not prone to the amount of anti-competitive practices
that will undoubtedly crop up with the adoption of the URS.

Sincerely,
Joe Sinkwitz