ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

Rapid Suspension System Unfair

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Rapid Suspension System Unfair
  • From: Alan Bleiweiss <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:39:02 -0700

I am opposed to the new Rapid Suspension System. Having been an Internet Professional for more than 14 years, I have seen the evolution of trademark infringement dispute resolution. Where it once was insane, it has become much more reasonable for trademark holders to rightfully seek resolution. This new system would provide an unfair and unethical loop-hole to anyone who wants to damage someone who is not infringing on someone else's trademark. Both major corporations and unethical small-time players would be able to easily bully their way around. This system can not be allowed.

Alan Bleiweiss
Hey Dude, Where's My Site
Sr Consultant
415-686-4672