ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

*** NO *** to "Rapid Suspension System"

  • To: irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: *** NO *** to "Rapid Suspension System"
  • From: Evan <reimentor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:26:02 -0500

To Whom it May Concern,

As a professional online marketer I am writing to say I am totally against the proposed "Rapid Suspension System."

The low cost and lack of a dispute process will allow anyone to have another domain name removed at will without verifiable cause, costing the owner of the domain money, time and effort to get the domain back up.

The exiting dispute process for domain names with possible trademark infringement - as well as the DMCA process - are far more fair to all internet users and should not be replaced, supplemented or complemented with this new "Rapid Suspension System".

Respectfully,
Evan Wilhelm