ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

Uniform Rapid Suspension System is ripe for abuse

  • To: <irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Uniform Rapid Suspension System is ripe for abuse
  • From: "Emile Bourquin" <emile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:41:51 -0700

Dear ICANN,

I just wanted to drop a quick email to tell you that we believe the Uniform
Rapid Suspension System is a terrible idea, and is a system ripe for abuse.
Frivolous infringement claims by competitors large and small could seriously
damage our methods of doing business on the Internet. An "innocent until
proven guilty" type of system is absolutely necessary for the Web, as it is
in other forms of business. We request that you do not implement the Uniform
Rapid Suspension System, as it is a huge danger to all companies that do
business on the Internet.

Best Regards,

Emile Bourquin

CTO