ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

Comment for Trademark Protection (IRT Final Report)

  • To: <irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment for Trademark Protection (IRT Final Report)
  • From: "Heather" <Hchatham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:20:27 -0400

I strongly object to this implementation

I do not support the URS and feel it is totally biased and in favour of
trademark holders

There has been no consideration taken into account about trademark
registration/laws
in other countries, which would not/could not apply to the US

There is already potential bias and impropriety using a 1 man examiner for
decisions

2 months is not enough time to have completely thought this through

There needs to be more discussions implemented, with ideas coming from the
community that
you're seeking to destroy.

The way things were set up and implemented is flawed, and stinks of backroom
dealings, and
committee members being paid off.

It's a clear example of the committee not getting all the necessary
information.

from all parties concerned, and to what those ramifications would/could be,

It'll be DomainerGate2009