ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irtp-b]

Transfers and registrations

  • To: irtp-b@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Transfers and registrations
  • From: Bob Ross <bross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:40:25 -0700

I have been an internet service provider for 14 years.

The problem that needs to be fixed. When a registrar does not work with the domain owner "NameCheap" they lock out the account and hold all domains and keep them for them self.

It should be required that a registrar be required to show their physical address and working phone number at all times.

I registered 10 domains with them, and for over a week tried to get support from them. I started a charge back on the credit card payment, and they started to help with the problem. Then I reversed the charge back and they then charged me another $200 charge back fee.

Since I have refused to pay this, they have held all my money paid to them and also have prevented me to access the ones not under the charge back and prevented me to transfer off the domains they are holding on to.

They have also refused to provide their phone number and address of their offices or of their legal department.