ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] Single character labels question framing

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] Single character labels question framing
  • From: "Terry L Davis, P.E." <tdavis2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:32:27 -0700

Avri

I was just back from a weekend with our daughter and grand-daughter in
Anaheim and I over-slept not joining till about 4:40AM instead of 4AM.  So I
missed most the discussions.

Q1- I think I agree with you here.

Q2- Again I think I agree.

Q3- This seems to require some serious discussions, I think.

All that said, my initial primary concern is simply "how do we get the tools
to validate the puny-code stored in DNS"?  We have a stored value that is
not humanly intelligible in either latin or the orginal script.  I spend a
good part of any day worrying "cyber security" in one form or another, so
having "certified" tools that provide that translation from stored puny-code
to humanly readable script to me is a key need.  We will need it for most of
our security tools; anti-virus, firewalls, etc.

I think "white lists" and such will be part of our discussions as we go
forward.

Take care
Terry