ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] 转发: Today's call

  • To: <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] 转发: Today's call
  • From: "zhangjian" <zhangjian@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:18:11 +0800

FYI

发件人: Bart Boswinkel [mailto:bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2010年4月20日 18:33
收件人: zhangjian; Edmon Chung
抄送: Tina Dam; Chris Disspain; Gomes, Chuck
主题: Today's call

Dear Jian and Edmon,
As I have indicated to Jian, I have been in touch with Tina. However I do
not know whether or not she’ll be able to attend the call today.
Included overview of what is current status regarding One Character IDNs and
Variant management to my understanding.
Kind regards,
Bart

One character IDN String
Basic Document:
IDN-Implementation Working Team ?C Final Report

My understanding is that with regards to one-letter IDN string the following
has been recommended by the The IDN Implementation Working Team.

Recommendation 3
3.1 The team does not recommend the banning of one-character gTLDs.
3.2 The team recommends that further ramifications of this issue be
addressed by
policy bodies such as the ccNSO and GNSO.

To my knowledge ther has been no further documents or reports published with
regard to this topic
If no other documents have been produced, this could serve as a starting
point.

Variant management
Basic Documents:
IDN-Implementation Working Team ?C Final Report
Proposed Implementation Plan for Synchronized IDN ccTLDs

Please Note: Proposed Implementation Plan is according to its title land
content limited to IDN ccTLD under the Fast Track.

Presentation: Webinar. This includes reference to ongoing work on Variants (
presentation included).

>From the IDN-Implementation Working Team ?C Final Report.
 Recommendation 1
1.1 Desired Variant Labels must be indicated by the applicant;
1.2 Desired Variant Labels will be allocated, and may also be delegated, to
the
applicant;
1.3 The delegation of Desired Variant Labels, where otherwise appropriate,
is
contingent upon the applicant agreeing to conform to the Rules outlined in
Section
3.3;
1.4 Undesired Variant Labels will be neither allocated nor delegated, and
will be
blocked.

Recommendation 4
The team cannot make a recommendation about the adoption of DNAME at the
toplevel.
Further technical study is needed, and ICANN should fund this if necessary.

Recommendation 5
A process is needed for managing the delegation of desired variants, and the
allocation and delegation of additional desired variants that may be
identified and
requested at a later time. The team regards this work as external to its own
mandate.