ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] Fwd: [] DNSEXT charter and treating DNS names as "the same"

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] Fwd: [] DNSEXT charter and treating DNS names as "the same"
  • From: Tina Dam <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:18:44 -0700

I think what is a really important contribution from the policy side is to
clearly explain what the problem is that is being sought by implementing
variants as TLDs. To set the policy limitations and explain the desired outcome.

Said shortly: explain exactly what do we want to see happen.

I note on this that the ccNSO IDN ccTLD PDP (not sure I got the name right, but
the long term IDN ccTLD policy) is working on the same subject matter. I do
think it would be useful if the two groups would be on if not the same then
similar page on the subject matter.

On a related note, a lot of additional variant related activities are ongoing.
We are at staff forming an internal variant-coordination team to ensure that
all staff involved with variants one way or another, are coordinated and know
what's going on and who to refer to among colleagues.

Tina