ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] WG Last Call for Final Report on Single Character IDN TLDs

  • To: "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] WG Last Call for Final Report on Single Character IDN TLDs
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:20:17 +0800

Hi Everyone,

Please find attached the final call version for the Final Report on Single
Character IDN TLDs.

As discussed in our working group call before San Francisco, Jian and I had
reached out to all the members specifically for their feedback and consensus
on this final report.  So far everyone is comfortable with the substance and
recommendations put forward.  The Final Call version included some edits
suggested to be more clear on 2 areas:
1. Some further clarification on the possible consideration of the meaning
of words, and situations where a word can have multiple meanings.
2. Clarify that the recommendations and suggested edits are for input only
and not intended to be instructive.

Given the timeline now set for the new gTLD process, I will be asking
Stephane at the GNSO to put this onto the agenda for the council meeting on
April 7.  So, please let me know within the week if you have any concerns or
wish to include any minority statements into the final report.

Thank you so much for everyone in your effort to put this report together.
Looking forward to putting it into real work.

Edmon

PS. Understanding that the IETF is meeting this coming week, will propose to
resume our bi-weekly conference calls on April 5.  Gabi/Kristina, please
help setup the call. Thanks.