ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] Today's (11 October) meeting

  • To: "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] Today's (11 October) meeting
  • From: Bart Boswinkel <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 03:20:35 -0700

Dear all,
First of all I apologise for not being able to attend today’s session as I need
to attend another call as well.
Furhter based on the agenda from two weeks ago:

 *   update on Single Character IDN TLD implementation

It is my understanding that to date staff has undertaken no further action. As
you may recall from the Board decision and the Applicant Guidebook. The
implementation in the new gTLD process is foreseen for the second round of
applications. With regard to IDN ccTLD’s this will included in the overall
policy.

 *   update on work at VIP

 *   meeting arrangements at ICANN Dakar

Meeting arrangements in Dakar:
 To date one (1) slot for the JIG WG has arranged for Monday 24 October 2011,
from 16.00 until 17.00. This is back to back to the VIP public session (
although not is the same room), but after the break. I suggest to use this slot
for the public session.

If needed, we can ask to extend the session to combine it with a WG meeting.

Note the session as currently scheduled runs in parallel with the DNS Abuse
forum meeting.

Kind regards,
Bart