ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

FW: [jig] SSAC report on Single Character IDN TLDs

  • To: "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [jig] SSAC report on Single Character IDN TLDs
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 18:56:28 +0000

Forwarded with Patrik's approval.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrik Fältström [mailto:patrik@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:56 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck
Cc: Julie Hedlund; edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'jig'
Subject: Re: [jig] SSAC report on Single Character IDN TLDs

The work to update the RFC that say what characters are allowed. My personal
interpretation say that it specifically touches the M* class of code points, as
I think there is agreement of L* class code points.

See http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liman-tld-names-06

SSAC have been in touch with IAB, and I hope that IAB will say something on
this matter.

I hope this posting to JIG might be possible to be approved, or you Chuck might
be able to forward this to the list?

   Patrik