ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

Re: [jig] JIG Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [jig] JIG Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
  • From: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 06:08:08 -0800

I just reviewed the document, and there is one friendly amendment, to
strike the paragraph on the IDN enabled whitelist operated by Mozilla.

I had alerted the JIG about this, but Mozilla abolished the IDN enabled
list in favor of a rules based system which favors the faster deployment
and default behavior of u-label display in the location bar.

--
Jothan Frakes
+1.206-355-0230 tel