ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[meeting-consultation-2008]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

meeting frequency

  • To: meeting-consultation-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: meeting frequency
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:56:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I am more than astonished to see an initiative to reduce the number of
meetings. The one buzzword that ICANN has continuesly stressed over
the years is "outreach". Now ICANN wants to cut down on its best
outreach mechanism? I strongly believe that this is a bad idea, and
many of my registrar colleagues share this point of view.
If ICANN wants to save, there are a number of other opportunities
(travel costs, translation programs) that can be looked into.

Yours,
Marcus Faure
CORE Council of Registrars

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>