ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[naralo-comments]

This NARLO does not represent me

  • To: naralo-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: This NARLO does not represent me
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:19:50 -0700

I reject the idea that the ALAC and this NARALO serve any adequate purpose of representing the needs and interests of internet users, including myself.

ICANN's ALAC is a contrivance that insulates rather than represents, that excuses rather than advocates.

The ALAC and the RALO's, including this NARALO are a sham.

ICANN is costing the internet community in excess of $400,000,000 every year in excessive DNS registration fees. Yet all that internet users get for this money is the right to join what amounts to an ICANN managed ALAC.

Despite years of ICANN infusions of cash and cheerleaders, the ALAC has never garnered any real interest from the internet community; in fact the ALAC has been rejected as the company union that it is.

I recommend that internet users shun this NARALO for the simple reason that it is nothing but an empty facade on top of another empty facade, the ALAC.

It is time that ICANN ends this charade, ends this ALAC, and returns to its original promise to let the community of internet users elect a majority of the seats on ICANN's Board of Directors.

                --karl--
                Karl Auerbach
                The only person who has ever been *elected* to
                ICANN's Board of Directors for the North American region.