ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

Do Not Agree to IPC's Comments

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Do Not Agree to IPC's Comments
  • From: Rick Potthoff <poeducker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:39:36 -0500

I am writing to urge you not to agree to the Intellectual Property
Constituency's proposals on the renewal of .net domains.  This would
violate the average user's rights, in my opinion.  .NET domains do not
need to be enforcers of copyrights.  Our courts should be the sole
enforcers of  copyright law.  I also think it is a bad idea to make
domains publish registrants' home addresses because of the threat of
ID theft.

Rick Potthoff
Houston TX
USA