ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

Objection to IPC recommendations

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Objection to IPC recommendations
  • From: Nickolas Lloyd <ntlloyd@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 19:41:24 -0400

I am not a domain owner, or a trademark holder, but as a netizen, I
stand with Tucows, Inc., Telepathy, Inc., the Internet Commerce
Association, and others, in objecting to the IPC's recommendation to
include the URS system in the new .net registry agreement, and urging
ICANN not to include this provision in the renewal.  As others have
suggested, URS would open the door to frivolous, abusive, and damaging
take-down requests by trademark holders, without any sort of due
process or recompense for the registrant.  There is already a method
for resolving trademark disputes--let's work with what we already
have.

Nickolas Lloyd
Chapel Hill, NC, USA