ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

With regards to .net renewal

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: With regards to .net renewal
  • From: Jason Seymour <jaseymour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:29:55 -0500

I have recently been made aware of some conditions that the Intellectual
Property Constituency would like added to VeriSign's renewal request for the
management of the .net TLD.  As the owner of a handful of .net domains for
personal use I must object to all of their requested conditions.  As an
individual using these domains for personal private use I don't have the
resources to respond to a large corporation taking action against my domains
in an arbitrary manner.  What's more I am particularly concerned about my
home address information being placed on the public internet for all to see
and harvest.  Between identity thieves and potential netkooks I'm not sure
what to be more afraid of.  I have a wife and 2 young children at home which
makes this even more worrisome.  So please in the name of fairness and
safety reject the conditions being requested by the Intellectual Property
Constituency.

Jason Seymour
Resident the state of Wisconsin, USA