ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

IPC New Rights Protections to .NET

  • To: <net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IPC New Rights Protections to .NET
  • From: Matthew Hunt <wanderingscholar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:54:44 +0100

To whom it may concern:

I am one of the moderators of underempire.net at Zetaboards, writing to express
my own objections and those shared by our domain holder in regard to the
comments filed by the Intellectual Property Constituency, available here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-agreement-renewal/pdfTeYfTqqAOg.pdf .

The main point we take issue with is that made with regard to private domain
registration. Our domain registrar is a private individual who, understandably,
feels that their privacy and security would be threatened if forced to publish
such details as their home address on the public internet; a sentiment that I
agree with. I also, personally, feel that such a proposal is skirting, if not
downright flouting the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK).

As such, I would ask that you disregard this proposal from the IPC.

Thank you,

Matthew Hunt,
Co-moderator of the underempire.net community.