ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-comments]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Probity and conflict of interest in .net RFP document

  • To: <net-rfp-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Probity and conflict of interest in .net RFP document
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:49:39 +1100

I note that there are probity and conflict of interest provisions with
respect to contacting any member of the evalution panel.

Given that ultimately the ICANN Board needs to approve the outcome of
the process, and given also that ICANN staff will be preparing material
for consideration of the ICANN Board, I recommend that the probity and
conflict of interest provision include text relating to contacting
individual ICANN Board members of ICANN staff members outside the public
process  (ie the Board would consider public comments made via the ICANN
website and public forum sessions, but lobbyiong of individual Board
members should be discouraged).

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>