ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-general]

DOT NET

  • To: net-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: DOT NET
  • From: kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2005 11:43:18 -0800

   From a user perspective, one important criteria is pricing.  What I see
is that there are interesting differences in the proposed price.  While
Affilias offers a 4.00 $ VeriSign ends with 4.25 $.  Core und Denic
have a more flexible system, wich in the case of Core goes from 5.25 to
4.75 and in the case of Denic from 5.40 to 3.60.  The only bidder which
has not information in the public part is Sentan.

  I think that next to Quality of Services, which includes also security
and stability, price should be ssen as an important criteria by the
evaluators.

Wolfgang Kleinw�chter
University of Aarhus