ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtld-applicant-support-handbook]

Comments on New gTLD ASP - Financial Assistance for DgEc - (v2)

  • To: <new-gtld-applicant-support-handbook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on New gTLD ASP - Financial Assistance for DgEc - (v2)
  • From: "Imran Ahmed Shah" <imran@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:56:10 +0500

January 13, 2012
Ref: UISoc-1201-015

To:       Dr. Stephen Crocker, Chair

Mr Rod Beckstrom, President and CEO

ICANN

Public Comments & Review of JAS WG Recommendation for

Financial Assistance & Implementation Plan for Developing Economies

(Context Expanding Developing Economies Participation in the New gTLD
Program)

Dear Sir,

With reference to the subject, we are thankful to the ICANN's efforts &
consideration to expand 'new gTLD Program' for the Participation of
Developing Economies. We hope that transparent evaluation process and
reassessment exercise through public participation will ensure the
enablement of true & active participation of Developing Economies in the new
gTLD program.

We urge that the applicants from Least Developed, Under Developed and
Developing Economies should be granted with the equal opportunities to
participate in the new gTLD program to form the new layers of a common
Internet with comprehensive Global Coordination and without d supremacy of a
few companies or entities. Otherwise, the next Internet Business will also
remain in the hands of Developed Economies and will support their monopoly,
due to high costs of application and definition of set rules.

Please accept my apology for late finalization of the review comments.

Please find herewith requested review comments, concerning the Application
Support Program and implementation as recommended by the Joint Applicant
Support Working Group (JAS WG).

Thanking you and Best Regards

Imran Ahmad Shah

Founder & Executive Member

Urdu Internet Society/ Council (UISoc)

Internet Governance Forum of Pakistan (IGFPAK)

Member CS Internet Governance Caucus (CS IGC)

0092 300 4130617

Encl:       as above (New gTLD ASP - Financial Assistance for DgEc -
(v2).pdf)

Cc:          Mr Rod Beckstrom (President & CEO, ICANN)
                Mr Kurt Pritz (Senior Vice President, ICANN)