ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-comms-plan]

Public Comment: How Do We Raise Global Awareness of New gTLDs?

  • To: new-gtlds-comms-plan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Public Comment: How Do We Raise Global Awareness of New gTLDs?
  • From: Gurjeewan Sachavirawongse <trafficdomainer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:56:20 -0700

My personal opinion: The most cost effecient and effective way in raising
global awareness of new gTLDs is to fast track the introduction of IDN gTLDs
such as .com and .net by exsiting operators as they don't need extra
communication period. The success of such fast track program should have a
good spill over effect to other new gTLDs that ICANN can use to promote. But
once again ICANN will say ICAN'T with no acceptable logic.