ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-dns-stability]

Re: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effect of New gTLDson ,the Internet Domain Name System

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, new-gtlds-dns-stability@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effect of New gTLDson ,the Internet Domain Name System
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:23:19 -0800

Dear Glen and all,

  Thank your for informing of of this announcement.  Again,
I have a few questions.

1.) Why are only the archives available for interested parties
available for review instead of these same interested parties,
whomever they may be or become, not be bounced to all
participating?

2.)  What is the need for yet a third round of consideration in
this area of gTLD creation being done especially sense the
most relevant issues regarding the creation of new gTLD's
has been well fleshed out?

  Our members take was much to my surprise fairly well expressed
in the comment on the archive for this new, and perhaps unnecessary
round, see:http://forum.icann.org/lists/new-gtlds-dns-stability/msg00001.html
We have already expressed in both 2000 and 2003-4 additional
concerns in respect to DNS security requirements for gTLD's or for
that matter ANY TLD, and the well recognized need for significant
revision of RAA contracts encompassing DNS security as well as
data retention and DNS configuration in accordance with existing
RFC's.  As ICANN itself, the IETF, and the IAB currently do not
meet the IETF existing standards with respect to DNS configuration,
it seems glaringly disingenuous at best, for the GNSO council, or for
that matter ICANN to determine what are or are not criterion for the
creation of any gTLD or TLD of any sort.

  Further still, given that the GNSO does not represent the vast
majority of Domain name registrants, nor has a structure by which
such representation can be reflected, the obvious and clear mandate
for the GNSO to legitimately recommend any set of policies or rules
for new gTLD's is seriously, if not irrevocably flawed.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx