ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-dns-stability]

Re: Fwd: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effectof New gTLDs on ,the Internet Domain Name System

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ICANN new gTLD round <new-gtlds-dns-stability@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effectof New gTLDs on ,the Internet Domain Name System
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:31:15 -0800

Karl and all,

  Good points, well articulated and agreed here!  But this information
is not unknown or undocumented.  Which points me back to where
we all were some 5 years ago to the extent of technical considerations
of this level of granularity.

  Yet bigger and more basic security and stability concerns remain
seemingly unchecked, corrected, and in some significant instances
allowed and even encouraged to continue and/or remain.  One is
DNSSEC, or lack there of, misconfigured DNS such as IETF.ORG's,
the use of "UltraDNS", ect., ect., which I have tried to bring to the
attention of all for review, and correction.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx