ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-pdp-comments]

Should new generic top level domain names be introduced?

  • To: new-gtlds-pdp-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Should new generic top level domain names be introduced?
  • From: "Matthias Jungbauer" <matjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:29:05 +0100

Dear Sir or Madam,

Public Comment Forum for Terms of Reference for New gTLDs
I would like to answer the first question
Should new generic top level domain names be introduced?
with yes, they should.

I do see the need for the introduction of new generic and sponsored top level domains.

I appreciate if you re-opened the application procedure for new top level domains shortly.

My name is Matthias Jungbauer, and I am the initiator of Top Level Domain Consulting.

There is a hidden need and demand to make large, shared, complex, private and public maintained databases accessible via web interfaces and services.

Primary key equals domain name. Database name equals top level domain.

I do see the need to introduce new database oriented top level domains like .isin, isbn, .ean, .bic and .rfid.

I do also see the need to request generic top level domains like .book, .movie, .city or .hotel

With best regards and thank you for asking.

Matthias