ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] International Olympic Committe/Red Cross/Red Crescent (IOC/RC) Drafting Team Status Report

  • To: npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] International Olympic Committe/Red Cross/Red Crescent (IOC/RC) Drafting Team Status Report
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:30:23 -0500

Dear NPOC Colleagues,

Please find attached the report on the IOC/Red Cross issue to be discussed
between the Drafting Team and the Generic Names Supporting
Organization/Governmental Advisory Committee (NSO/GAC) tomorrow.

This report is from Jeffrey Neuman, VP, Neustar, INC., Chair of the IOC/RC
Drafting Team of the GNSO Council that has been tasked with advising the
GNSO Council with respect to the September 2011 GAC proposal on permanently
protecting the Olympic and Red Cross names at the top and second levels for
new gTLDs.

Jeffrey Neuman says: *"Although this report was shared with the members of
the Drafting Team, it was drafted by me as the Chair, and as such is not an
official report from the Drafting Team.  It represents the Chair’s current
understanding of the discussions of the Drafting Team.  Each of the
recommendations addressed in this report are still under review by the GNSO
Community.  We are providing this report to assist in the discussions
between the Drafting Team, interested GNSO Councilors and GAC members on
March 2, 2012."*
*
*
Please feel free to comment as you see fit. We will post further
developments on npoc-voice list.

The npoc-voice list is public and archived for public view.

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA
Member, Board of Directors, CECI,