ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] DRAFT PROPOSAL BY ALAIN Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [] [only for NCUC members]-NCUC charter-comments period open

  • To: npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] DRAFT PROPOSAL BY ALAIN Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [] [only for NCUC members]-NCUC charter-comments period open
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:10:00 -0400

Hi,

This is what I propose and submit for discussion this afternoon in the
monthly NPOC call:

DRAFT FOR NPOC DISCUSSION

*"Given that NPOC, as the other NCSG Constituency, focuses solely on
non-profit and non-governmental organizations and does not represent
individuals, I recommend "non-profit organizations" be removed from section
B of the NCUC Charter. This division of representativity would also be in
line with academia colleagues who have argued quite strongly that they are
active in NCUC as subject experts not as representatives of their
institutions. *
*
*
*Also in line with a level playing field for NCSG's recruitment of new
members, the requirements for NPOC membership are more demanding than
NCUC's as the former involves the designation of a principal representative
and an alternate representative and the submitting of official and legal
documents proving the not-for-profit status of the applicant under the
appropriate juridiction.*
*
*
*If this is not to be the case, and since the creation of NPOC, on what
basis would an NFP/NGO decides which NCSG Constituency to join? Unless of
course we let the market decide and both Constituencies can recruit
institutional memberships."*

Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA