ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] Fw: NPOC Strategy 2012

  • To: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] Fw: NPOC Strategy 2012
  • From: Andrei Barburas <abarburas@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:23:54 +0200

Hello all,

I believe that we, as NPOC, should also organize online events, for example
a Google Hangout, and try to involve other NGOs around the world (and not
only NGOs). In theory, the decisions, projects and plans that we "create",
potentially affect NGOs around the world. It wouldn't hurt if we can
involve them in process as well and also maybe gather some ideas of their
own.

Also, adding a bit to Alain's point 4 (4 ICT4D-Related events); I would
also suggest to try and send speakers, representatives of NPOC, that can
shed some light on what is actually NPOC doing. Based on my "discoveries",
not everybody knows about NPOC, let alone its role at ICANN.

I think those two steps will push the teenager into the real world and let
almost everybody know about their existence.

If more pertinent ideas flow into my neural network, I will definitely
share them.

*Andrei Barburas*

Community Relations Services Officer

International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)

P.O. Box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, The Netherlands

Mobile: +31 62 928 2879

Phone: +31 70 311 7311
Fax: +31 70 311 7322
Website: www.iicd.org