ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Interesting Post WCIT Blog by Avri Doria

  • To: npoc-voice <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Interesting Post WCIT Blog by Avri Doria
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:51:06 -0400

Dear Members,

Avri Doria has blogged about her experiences at WCIT at
http://avri.doria.org/post/38641776703/wcit.

The entire blog is quite an interesting read, but also specifically refers
to the role of  civil society engagement in the ITU:

"*We argued that they were hurting themselves and the global public
interest by not allowing Civil Society to participate fully in the work of
the ITU.  *

   - *The told us to join as sector members and gave a guarantee that they
   would waive the fees for civil society appropriate, for some definition of
   appropriate, organizations.  *

*I think that NGOs and other civil society organizations should start
testing this.  Lets get as many of us inside as possible and see what
happens."*
*
*
Regards