ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Chair Policy committee statement

  • To: Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Chair Policy committee statement
  • From: Caroline Figuères <cfigueres@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 07:34:11 +0200

Dear Rudi
Thank you for this statement and your committment. You have my full
support.

Kind regards
Caroline

Caroline Figuères
 Managing Director
International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)
P.O. Box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, The Netherlands<x-apple-data-detectors://13>
Visitors: Raamweg 5, 2596 HL The Hague <x-apple-data-detectors://14/0>
Tel: +31 70 311 73 11- mobile+31 6 22 91 10 12
Fax: +31 70 311 73 22
E-mail: cfigueres@xxxxxxxx
Skype: figueresnl
Twitter: carofig
Websites:
www.iicd.org
www.connect4change.nl
www.iconnect-online.org

Op 13 apr. 2013 om 02:02 heeft Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx> het
volgende geschreven:

Dear colleagues,

Being quite new in the NPOC, I've tried already to participate in as many
meetings and conf calls within NPOC and NCSG. I'm convinced NPOC has a very
important role to play in policy within the whole non-commercial community.
My commitment to NPOC as a policy committee chair will essentially go in
the direction of making as many as possible statements that would
illustrate first of all the importance of our constituency. As ICANN is in
a converging mode, has some difficult programs to execute, NPOC has really
important concerns on how ICANN will implement some of the scheduled moves
and concepts. With the new GTLDs program already having been delayed for
many reasons, there are still a lot of topics that require clarification.

Where possible in consensus with the other members in the NCSG, I consider
NPOC should be a driving partner when it concerns policy matters that
directly or indirectly touches the community NPOC is representing, being
the not-for-profit structures and organisations. Many communities are based
on not-for-profit, all requiring attention with regards the rights of their
members with regards the domain name space. Topics as RAA, Rights &
Responsibilities of Registrants, WHOIS and some other hot topics are on my
radar and will keep us awake as long as we have not the feeling our voice
is heard and respected. With the appropriate committee members we will show
ICANN NPOC was not just created to be part of ICANN, but will try to be a
steering structure that will address difficult aspects and will not step
away when discussions are hard and difficult. Our multi-culture,
multi-region membership illustrates we are good in the multi-stakeholderism
model and perhaps that's another aspect on which we would need some focus
and energy.

I hope I've illustrated my full commitment and really hope within a period
of 6 months, at the Buenos Aires meeting, we may be recognized as an
unavoidable partner in the policy discussions.

Kind regards,

Rudi Vansnick
President - CEO              Tel +32/(0)9/329.39.16
rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx        Mobile +32/(0)475/28.16.32
Dendermondesteenweg 143    B-9070 Destelbergen
=.=.=.=.=.=.==.= Internet Society Belgium  =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=
www.internetsociety.be       "The Internet is for everyone"