ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] About the I-Inform report and next steps

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] About the I-Inform report and next steps
  • From: Eduardo Monge Gutierrez <eduardo.monge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:25:20 -0600

Dear NPOC members,

Please find below information about the inaugural meeting of the I-INFORM
alliance.   Review the information, send your comments and declare your
interest in the initiative in the online form available.

Regards,

Eduardo Monge
NPOC Communications Committee Chair

I-INFORM Inaugural Meeting Report and Action Plans

 *   Posted by GKP Foundation<http://gkpfoundation.org/profile/0elnm90nmr3ht>
on June 3, 2013 at 3:00pm

http://gkpfoundation.org/profiles/blogs/i-inform-report-from-the-inaugural-meeting-and-action-plans

Ø  http://i-inform.org/

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE6126.F5E32A40]<http://i-inform.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/cropped-i-informalliance.jpg>

Internet Governance (IG), has been likened to a country where 0.1% are in
charge of 99.9% of the population. That is why I-Inform<http://i-inform.org/>
has came to existence. I-Inform is an alliance for collaborative large scale IG
awareness building and engagement with IT users everywhere. Following the
inaugural meeting of
I-Inform<http://gkpfoundation.org/profiles/blogs/i-inform-inaugural-meeting-the-hague-netherlands-7-8th-of-may>
 in The Hague back in May 7-8, 2013, we are excited to present the report and
next action plans for the Alliance.

Hosted by International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD) and
chaired by Global Knowledge Partnership Foundation (GKPF), the inaugural
meeting was attended by various organizations that represent IG stakeholders,
namely Extensia Ltd, Fundacione Chasquinet, Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Number (ICANN), and Pir.org.

The issues raised during the meeting concerned the identification of needs,
especially in the following: expanding the knowledge of and the participation
in multi stakeholder based IG, wider outreach of IG through information and
capacity building, and promoting community building as business models for
existing and new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs).

Furthermore, concrete action plans were formulated during the fruitful meeting
and concluded with the three main activities: I-Inform Cyber Awareness
Campaign, I-Inform Engage, and I-Inform4D.To learn more about each activity, go
to the full report below.

Report: I-Inform Inaugural Meeting Outcomes and Action Plan
(334kB)<http://api.ning.com:80/files/IBaCqtvu*C5DIwUC7RQA0JSevPQ8wJTd5FF8yORPiQJZ2iMP-NjggNm0nRuGoV3bbyT67K*Bdw9Dp2u6EYh2DSOFfDvuhHtP/IInform_Report.pdf>

To declare your interest and join the I-Inform Alliance, fill out this online
form<http://i-inform.org/> on I-Inform website.

JPEG image