ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] NPOC recording and transcript - 13 August 2013

  • To: npoc-voice <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] NPOC recording and transcript - 13 August 2013
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:05:30 -0400

Dear all,****

** **

Please find below the attendance, AC chat transcript and the MP3 recording
of the Monthly NPOC call held yesterday on the 13th August 2013 as recorded
by ICANN staff.****

Regards

Cintra Sooknanan

*Attendees*: Marie-laure Lemineur, Cintra Sooknanan, Rudi Vansnick, Klaus
Stoll, Amber Sterling, Olevié Kouami, Sam Lanfranco

*Apologies:* ****Eduardo Monge

*Staff:* Julia Charvolen

*MP3 recording: *
http://ftp.adigo.com/clients/icann/20130813_NPOC_Monthly_ID808814.zip

*AC Chat Transcript:*

Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the NPOC monthly call on Tuesday 13 August 2013
at 1900 UTC
  Rudi Vansnick:Marie-Laure I think your speakers are on ... gives echo
  olevie:Bonsoir
  Rudi Vansnick:Bonsoir Olevie bienvenue
  Julia Charvolen:I will keep you posted on Poncelet
  olevie:Merci
  Cintra Sooknanan:Just to say we have one apology from Eduardo Monge
  olevie:My question is about the new EC
  olevie:Yes
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Cintra
  Julia Charvolen:You seem to not have your mic on Olevié
  olevie:I've seen that there is no more Francophone Africa
  olevie:Representative in the EC
  olevie:is that mean
  olevie:this position closed ?
  Rudi Vansnick:you are welcome to do so Olevie !
  Julia Charvolen:We cannot hear you Marie Laure
  olevie:I can not hear you also MLL
  Julia Charvolen:@ all - can you hear marie laure
  Julia Charvolen:?
  Cintra Sooknanan:no audio
  Julia Charvolen:I am checking with the operator
  olevie:sometmes the sound is OFF
  Cintra Sooknanan:hearing Rudi now
  Julia Charvolen:Marie Laure has joined the AC
  olevie:I'm hearin Cintra now
  Julia Charvolen:yes
  Julia Charvolen:Marie Laure can the operator dial out to you?
  marie-laure lemineur:i am back  sorry i got disconnected
  Julia Charvolen:if you prefer
  Cintra Sooknanan:yes we can
  Julia Charvolen:We can hear you
  olevie:ok
  olevie:yes
  olevie:it's good
  olevie:OK. Klaus. we can move ahead
  Cintra Sooknanan:+1 Klaus
  olevie:I suggest to approach the College International of AFNIC
(Association Française NIC) to ask for fund. They are involved to support
Francophone ccTLDs in Africa
  olevie:OK MLL. Thank you
  Julia Charvolen:Sam Lanfranco joined the Adobe Connect
  Cintra Sooknanan:hello Sam
  Sam Lanfranco:Hi All
  marie-laure lemineur:welcome Sam
  olevie:Good action Rudi tye usin of aliases. I agree with this method
  Rudi Vansnick:my pleasure
  olevie:My comment is that
  Julia Charvolen:Klaus has dropped
  olevie:the website need more pictures
  Julia Charvolen:Please sate your names before speaking for transcription
purposes
  Julia Charvolen:thank you
  olevie:I have proposed a marketing material wher you are in Durban but
have no feedback
  Julia Charvolen:I will let you know as soon as Klaus is back on
  olevie:The limit was that it was a Call for Africa
  Rudi Vansnick:Klaus dropped off due to thunderstorm, will try to come back
  Sam Lanfranco:I am willing to help, with the brochure (editing. format,
etc.) but would need some direction "from on high" within NPOC
  Rudi Vansnick:@Olevie : we indeed will need more pictures, I'll look into
archives from ICANN to bring more images in the actual website
  olevie:Thank you Sam. Great solution
  Cintra Sooknanan:Thanks for your offer Sam, I'm reviewing the brochure at
the moment and will ensure your review
  olevie:Thank you @Rudi
  Cintra Sooknanan:prior to printing
  Rudi Vansnick:Olevie do you want to speak ? you have your hand up
  olevie:I can't speak
  Julia Charvolen:Klaus dropped
  Sam Lanfranco:having mico trouble.
  olevie:same to me
  Sam Lanfranco:I would like to have the brochure well in advance of the
Argentina meetings.
  Rudi Vansnick:do you have the adobe audio connect on ?
  Rudi Vansnick:icon with mike
  Julia Charvolen:If you wish to dial in: Conference ID: 5913 Dial in
numbers:  USA:    toll free: 1 800 550 6865 / toll +1 213 233 3193 For all
other numbers: http://www.adigo.com/icann
  olevie:+1 @SAM
  Rudi Vansnick:if the icon is white you need to click on
  Julia Charvolen:Please let me know if you'd like the operator to dial out
to you
  olevie:the sound is balancing sometimes Off
  Rudi Vansnick:perfect Sam !
  Julia Charvolen:Klaus is back
  Rudi Vansnick:hands up
  Julia Charvolen:Klaus dropped
  Rudi Vansnick:good question Cintra
  Rudi Vansnick:indeed, there is no formal membership committee in NCSG
  Rudi Vansnick:indeed, there is no formal membership committee in NCSG
  Rudi Vansnick:it is the duty of the NCSG chair !
  Rudi Vansnick:candidates among the participants of this call ?
  Cintra Sooknanan:also include Lori since she will be one of our reps on
the NCSG
  Cintra Sooknanan:as a candidate
  Rudi Vansnick:3 positions are open for GNSO council
  Rudi Vansnick:hands up
  Cintra Sooknanan:also NCSG Chair (currently held by Robin Gross, who will
be "term-limited" for this position)     1-year term
  olevie:The Chair position is the only which is available
  olevie:the rest have 1 year again
  Cintra Sooknanan:+1 at Rudi
  Cintra Sooknanan:Clarification-- I think Rudi meant 3 on NCUC (not NCSG)
and 3 on NCSG
  Rudi Vansnick:fully agree Amber
  Cintra Sooknanan:3 from NCUC
  olevie:ok
  Julia Charvolen:Klaus is back on
  Rudi Vansnick:i fully support Cintra's support on this !
  olevie:I've also just joined the newest WG  on Policy & implementation of
new gTLD
  Rudi Vansnick:
https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/Translation+and+Transliteration+of+Contact+Information+PDP+Home
  Rudi Vansnick:marvelous Olevie, much appreciated
  olevie:Thanks Rudi
  Rudi Vansnick:all of us being part of working groups, please inform me on
the WG you are on so I can keep track of as part of my duty of the Policy
Committee (you all become than a member of the Policy Committee ;-)  )
  olevie:Dear MLL, please, don't you skip the five-year strategic planning
process ?
  Cintra Sooknanan:It is also important that we all complete the Statement
of Interest for GNSO which you can also list the working groups you are
part of
  olevie:Yes Cintra (Y)
  olevie:it's clear
  Cintra Sooknanan:I just want to confirm what Marie-laure has said on the
Buenos Aires Event, on the call today it was decided that we need to define
the agenda, panelists, roles of each organising organisation. Also it was
identified that it is crucial that we have specific outcomes/take aways and
continuity of this kindof event
  marie-laure lemineur:thk Cintra
  olevie:ok dera Cintra. It's quite clear now for me :-)
  Rudi Vansnick:sorry I could not join that call, due to obligations
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you all and Marie-laure for chairing
  Cintra Sooknanan:bye everyone
  Rudi Vansnick:bye
  olevie:Nothing about Bali IGF ?
  olevie:OK
  olevie:bye
  Rudi Vansnick:not yet Olevie
  olevie:ok
  Rudi Vansnick:IGF Bali will go on but not yet more details
  olevie:bye bye
  Rudi Vansnick:bye
  olevie:than you