ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

RE: [npoc-voice] Nomination to Chair of Program Committee

  • To: Olivier Kouami <olivierkouami@xxxxxxxxx>, Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>, Poncelet Ileleji <pileleji@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [npoc-voice] Nomination to Chair of Program Committee
  • From: Jorge Restrepo <jorge.restrepo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:26:06 +0100

Please see a more extensive presentation of myself, containing a SOI.

Jorge A. Restrepo
Colombian born, Jorge A. Restrepo has spent the last 25 years of his life in
Geneva, Switzerland, working with international non-governmental organizations
(International Baccalaureate Organization, Defence for Children International,
International Baby Food Action Network). With a background in sociology,
political science and management, he became involved with issues related to
trust and security in the Internet through the OISTE Foundation, where he acts
as program manager since 2011.

The International Secure Electronic Transactions Organization (OISTE, as per
the French original name: Organization Internationale pour la Sécurité des
Transactions Electroniques) was created in 1998 with the objectives of
promoting the use and adoption of international standards to secure electronic
transactions, expand the use of digital certification and ensure the
interoperability of certification authorities' e-transaction systems.

OISTE is at the forefront of the debate about privacy, digital identity and
personal data management, unresolved questions that concern all Internet
stakeholders. It is from this perspective that Jorge A. Restrepo is keen to
assume a responsibility in ICANN's multi-stakeholder governance model, becoming
a member of the NPOC's Executive Committee in a crucial moment, where new
demands need to be heard and solutions worked out in a consensual manner,
preserving the flexibility and openness of Internet, while making it a more
secure and human-rights respectful tool.