ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [npoc-voice] [Important] NCSG 2014 Annual Election Information - Timetable - Positions to Elect - Process

• To: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>, Klaus Stoll <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] [Important] NCSG 2014 Annual Election Information - Timetable - Positions to Elect - Process
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:03:19 -0400

One follow up comment to Cintra's observations.

On or off the Policy Committee I intend to keep working on the policy agenda, both inward within ICANN,
and outward to broader policy issues for the stakeholder constituencies.

Sam L.

On 15/07/2014 10:45 AM, Cintra Sooknanan wrote:
Since there are multiple GNSO Council Positions up for election I would support us nominating both Sam and Klaus for elections, I ask that Klaus reconsider his position. We do not have to choose just one NPOC member to run, I feel that Klaus has had a very short tenure at the Council and his level of contribution and comfort will increase in this second term.

As for Sam's nomination, I agree that this year has been tough but at the same time there are opportunities that should be seized. My only concern is that we will lose our Policy Committee Chair if Sam is elected and should therefore appoint a Policy Committee Vice Chair in order to ensure our policy committee is sufficiently beefed up and to facilitate a smooth transition if necessary.

Looking forward to further discussion and consideration of these points.

Regards

Cintra Sooknanan

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy