ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Objection to Proposed European Union Policy with Negative Impact on Non-Profit Organizations

  • To: Olévié Kouami <olivierkouami@xxxxxxxxx>, Jean-Louis Ecochard <jecochard@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Objection to Proposed European Union Policy with Negative Impact on Non-Profit Organizations
  • From: Sam Lanfranco <lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:44:53 -0500

Thanks for your endorsement Olevie,

As part of the knowledge building in this dialogue I will share with you the following with regard to the European Parliament and Council discussions on this trademarks matter.

Apparently the European "trialogue process" that will discuss and pass on this issue is notorious for its lack of transparency, and is essentially a final step that takes place behind closed doors. This is why public opinions are all the more important at this point. The EP and EC may already know the nature of the concerns, but what they need to know is the depths of concern. This is unlike the ICANN multistakeholder processes. We have been advised to submit two separate emails to the relevant European Parliament and Council members. We have those names and email addresses should anyone within NPOC, or your constituency friends, wish to make additional submissions.

Sam Lanfranco, Chair
NPOC Policy Committee