ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] Invitation to the Webinar,,"What Every Non-profit Organization Should Know About Its Use of the Internet and Never Dared to Ask!"

  • To: Klaus Stoll <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] Invitation to the Webinar,,"What Every Non-profit Organization Should Know About Its Use of the Internet and Never Dared to Ask!"
  • From: Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:50:45 -0500

Hi  All

I will be in Washington next week  and  I will be available to  do some
video interviews  with NPOC  Members  if  interested.

I just  want to mention that the Magna Carta  is on display at the  Library
of  Congress  until January 19th and it's relevant  since we are discussing
an
* Internet Bill  of Rights  *
Here is the location and it's  free to visit  while in Washington  at the
Library of  Congress  .
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/magna-carta-muse-and-mentor/overview.html

Location
South Gallery, Second Floor, Thomas Jefferson Building
<http://www.loc.gov/visit/maps-and-floor-plans/south-exhibition-gallery/>

*Thomas Jefferson Building*
10 First Street SE
Washington, DC 20540

Daytime Hours

Monday - Saturday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m

Glenn McKnight

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn@xxxxxxxxx
skype  gmcknight
twitter gmcknight
.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Klaus Stoll <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Dear Friends
>
> Greetings and I hope you had a great start into 2015.
>
> Below you will find the invitation to the first webinar of the Pathfinder
> series.
>
> *Please help us promoting this important webinar by forwarding the
> information about the webinar to you friends, network, mailing list and
> organizational www sites.*
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.
>
> In the hope to see you in person or on-line during the webinar.
>
> Yours
>
> Klaus
>

>  *Invitation to the Webinar*
>
> *"**What Every Non-profit Organization Should Know About Its Use of the
> Internet and Never Dared to Ask!"*
>
> Time and Date: January 14, 2015; 10:00am EST
>
> Place: *On the web* and *on site* at the ICANN Offices, Washington, DC,
> 801 17th Street, NW, Suite 400
>
> We are pleased to invite you the first of a series of webinars and
> face-to-face dialogs addressing the vital operational concerns and
> strategic uses of the Internet for non-profits and non-governmental
> organizations.
>
> The Internet has become a critical tool for organizations to carry out
> their mission and vision. The Pathfinder
> <http://www.gkpf.org/?p=gkpf-pathfinder> series (
> http://www.gkpf.org/?p=gkpf-pathfinder) has been developed to assist
> non-profits and non-governmental organizations in using this tool
> effectively and understanding the context in which the Internet operates.
> The security and stability of the Internet depend on the active involvement
> of all stakeholders.
>
> The need for dialogue and education is highlighted by the United States
> government’s announcement of its intention to relinquish control of the
> Internet’s numbering system known as IANA. The IANA numbers are behind the
> names that nonprofits depend upon for their Internet presence.  How will
> this change effect your organization? Does it matter? Please join us for a
> lively and information discussion.
>
> Topic: *"Making it work and pay for you. Pitfalls and Opportunities for
> Non-profits and Non-governmental Organizations in the new Internet Domain
> space” *Presenter: Klaus Stoll, Executive Director GKPF
>
> Topic:* "What impact the IANA transition will have on Non-profits and
> Non-governmental Organizations" *Presenter: Theresa Swinehart, Sr.
> Advisor to the President on Strategy, ICANN
>
> Topic: *"Online Trademark Abuse and Legitimate Use Cases for Non-profits
> and Non-governmental Organizations" *Presenter: Brian J. Winterfeldt,
> Esq., Head of Internet Practice Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
>
> *Moderator: *Lori Schulman, Esq., General Counsel, ASCD and ICANN
> Non-profit Operational Concerns Constituency, Vice-Chair
>
> For further information and RSVP please click here: *webinar@xxxxxxxx
> <webinar@xxxxxxxx?subject=RSVP%20Webinar%2014%20Januari%202015>*
>
> *Please help us promoting this important webinar by*

> [...]

PNG image